How to Play Pai Gow Poker?
Pai gow poker casino game is popularly known as double-hand poker, is a Pai gow version played with cards. The pai gow poker game was initially created by Sam Torossian, owner of a bell card club in Los Angeles, who invented pai gow poker in 1985. The idea for the game came to Torossian after being told about the game pusoy by an elderly Filipino customer. He figured that the 13 – card game with players arranging three hands would be too slow, but a simplified two-hand version would be faster and easier.
To Play the Pai Gow Poker game, we need a set played of 52 – card deck along with a single joker. The game requires six players in the table set along with dealers. Each player attempts to defeat the person ( The person might be the dealer or any opponent players at the table, or any player acting in the team with the dealer as co – bankers).
The objective of Game Pai Gow Poker:
The main idea of the Pai gow poker game is to create two types of poker hands from the seven-card that beat both of bank’s hand, which are gow a five-card poker hand and a two-card poker, respectively. The five-card hands rank must exceed that of the two-card hand, and it is for this reason that.
Deals in Pai Gow Poker Game:
The card is shuffled and then dealt with the table, which has seven face-down piles which consist of seven cards per pile. Irrespective of the number of players, the last four cards remain unused in this game.
Betting positions are assigned from number 1 to 7, starting with whichever player acts as a banker for a particular hand is chosen by counting counter-clockwise direction around the table. The number between 1 to 7 are randomly chosen ( either with the help of dice or electronically ). After that, deals initiate with the respective position and proceeds counter-clockwise direction. The most common way to use dice to find out the dealer starting number by rolling the six-sided dice and then counting the spots for betting in the clockwise direction from the first position until we don’t reach the position of the number shown in dice.
If no player is not sitting on that particular spot, the hand is still assigned, but it will be kept along with the discard pile with the four unused cards.
How to play this Online Casino Game?
In simple term goal of this game is to make two poker hand –
- 5- card hand
- 2- card hand
If two poker hands beat the dealers two poker hands player wins.
How to bet in Pai gow Poker?
Most casino online table games, pai gow poker, begins with placing a bet before receiving any cards. This bet needs to be done between the maximum and minimum betting limits of the table, and it is the only bet for the duration of the hand. The more you get a premium hand, the more the casino will payout on your bet. Your bonus wager is free of risk whether you win your main bet or not.
How Can You Arrange a Pai Gow Poker Hand?
It’s the player’s job to organize cards into two poker hands.
The backhand ( or big hand / high hand) is a standard 5- card poker hand. The forehand ( or the small hand / low hand) is made up of just two cards. The low hand can only be two high hands or a pair.
- If a player dealt with joker, it can be used to substitute for a card in 3 ways :
- It can be any card to complete a straight.
- Joker can be any suit to complete a flush
- If it can’t be used to either of those, the joker will always be an ace.
- On the two-card hand, the joker is always an ace.
In 5- hand
The only rule for separating two Pai gow hands is simple. But in 5 hands, the big hand has a pair while a small hand has only ace-high. Doing it the other way around would not be allowed since the small hand would outrank the big hand.
1. If the player messes up and makes a small hand outrank the big hand, it is called “fouling your hand,” and the player loses the bet.
2. In 5- card hand are ranked according to the standard poker hand ranking, with a notable exception in some casinos
The A- 2-3-4-5 straight ( called wheel ) is considered as the 2nd highest straight.
Basic of Pai gow poker (How to set a Pai gow hand )
The standard approach to split hand gives the most robust possible two-card hand because you can’t lose money if just one hand is better than the dealer. It’s a common strategy to split hand in a way which gives the most substantial two hand possible.
The exception to this strategy is if the player could make a mighty five-card hand such as a straight or better. In this scenario player, five hands are almost sure to be winners, allowing them to freeroll on any two-card they play.
When playing a hand with no pairs (i.e., an unconnected set of 7 cards), the commonly accepted methods are :
- The highest-ranked card should be left in the backhand
- And rest all should be arranged in ascending order
- That makes the player forehand as strong as possible without out breaking the backhand
- If the player chooses one Pair in the dealt hand
- The player should be played a big hand
- The other two hands should be arranged in the low hand.
- If player dealt two Pair they should spilt them as:
- A pair of aces
- Two high Pair ( JJ- AA)
- One high Pair ( JJ-AA) and one medium ( 77- TT)
- If an ace in their player hand, then they should spilt it as:
- Two medium (77-TT) pairs
- One high (JJ- AA) and one low( 22-66).
- If an ace or king is present, then the player should always split :
- One medium (77-TT) And one low (22-66)Two common (22-66) pair.
- If the player has a whole house
- Always player should pair 2- card hand and 3- of a kind in the high hand unless the player has a second pair.
- If such a situation occurs, then always play with a higher two- Pair in their hand.
- If the player has five aces, including joker :
- Always split unless the player has a pair of the king in such a situation